Email: [email protected]
Throughout his career, Kevin has litigated individual and class action cases involving debt collection harassment, unfair lending, consumer fraud, wage and hour violations, and disability and credit discrimination. Kevin has litigated cases in various state and federal courts throughout the nation. Kevin also has defended hundreds of consumers sued by debt collectors, credit card companies, and other lenders.
Kevin Abramowicz is the co-founder of East End Trial Group. Kevin started his career as an attorney working at a national plaintiffs class action firm. Before co-founding East End, Kevin founded a consumer rights law firm.
Kevin is licensed to represent clients in Pennsylvania state and federal court. He also works with attorneys from other states to represent clients that reside throughout the United States.
Courts have certified Kevin as class counsel in cases concerning the rights of persons with mobility disabilities, persons denied fair wages, and consumers harassed by debt collectors:
Haston v. Phillips & Cohen Assocs., LTD, No. 20-cv-1069 (W.D. Pa. May 17, 2022)
Giannaros v. Poly-Wood, LLC, No. 21-cv-10351 (D. Mass. May 10, 2022)
Butela v. Midland Credit Mgmt., No. 20-cv-10612, 2022 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 76602 (W.D. Pa. April 27, 2022)
Murphy v. Eyebobs, No. 21-cv-17, 2021 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 192676 (W.D. Pa. Oct. 6, 2021)
Murphy v. Charles Tyrwhitt, Inc., No. 20-cv-56 (W.D. Pa. Jan. 4, 2021)
White v. 1 Person At A Time, LLC, No. 17-cv-1047 (W.D. Pa. June 15, 2018)
Hernandez v. AutoZone, Inc., No. 15-cv-5593 (E.D.N.Y. Feb. 27, 2018)
Kevin also has made substantial litigation contributions to class actions that have provided over twenty million dollars of value to consumers across the country.
Luca v. Wyndham, No. 16-cv-746 (W.D. Pa.): settlement fund valued at over $7,000,000.
Morrow v. Ann Inc., No. 16-cv-3340 (S.D.N.Y.): settlement fund valued at over $6,000,000.
Gennock v. General Nutrition Centers, Inc., No. 16-cv-633 (W.D. Pa.): settlement fund valued at $6,000,000.
Friske v. Bonnier Corporation, No. 16-cv-12799 (E.D. Mich.): settlement fund valued at over $2,000,000.
Sullivan v. Wenner Media LLC, No. 16-cv-960 (W.D. Mich.): settlement fund valued at over $1,000,000.
To date, Kevin has prosecuted or is in the process of prosecuting some of the following types of class actions:
- State-wide class actions challenging the ability of debt buyers to collect personal loans without a license.
- State-wide class actions challenging representations debt buyers made in proofs of claim filed in bankruptcy courts.
- Multi-state class actions for misrepresentations of right to dispute a debt.
- State-wide class action for misrepresentations in letters attempting to collect medical debts.
- State-wide class actions for unlawful disclosure of private information.
- Nationwide class action for deceptive and fraudulent billing practices.
- Nationwide class action for unlawful mortgage servicing practices.
- State-wide, multi-state, and nationwide class actions concerning consumer fraud and false advertising.
- Pennsylvania State Court
- Western District of Pennsylvania
- Western District of New York
- Third Circuit Court of Appeals
- Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- National Association of Consumer Advocates
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- J.D., University of Pittsburgh
- Law Review, University of Pittsburgh
- Recognized for Excellence in Disability Discrimination
- Judicial Extern, Western District of Pennsylvania